SAFE SPORT OFFICER – Lise Maclean
Lise Maclean is Canada Artistic Swimming’s National Independent Safe Sport Officer. You may contact her at [email protected]. Lise is an independent third party who will guide you through the complaints process and/or explore other options. The Independent Officer is empowered to supersede Canada Artistic Swimming staff and launch appropriate investigations as required based on evidence or a situation reported as per CAS Safe Sport Policies. Your contact with the Safe Sport Officer is confidential, subject to certain legal limits. The independent Safe Sport Officer is a certified workplace harassment resources/investigator.
The existence of this Independent Third-Party (ITP) does not prevent individuals from contacting Canada Artistic Swimming directly with complaints if they choose that process.
The Safe Sport Officer’s mandate includes, but is not limited to:
- Respond to emails and phone calls received by parties about abuse, harassment, bullying, and discrimination.
- Contact complainant(s) to learn more about the situation. The Safe Sport Officer will make efforts to respond to all complaints within 24 hours after being advised of the situation.
- Conduct a preliminary review and assess against applicable policies, legal frameworks, and best practices. The results of the preliminary review are highly variable and may include:
- Referring the complainant to the police or child protection authorities.
- Referring the complainant to the club, the PTSO, or the NSO.
- Referring the complainant to other procedures, recourses or appeals.
- Suggesting counselling or supports to the complainant. Equipping the complainant to deal with the situation directly.
- Supporting the complainant to come forward with a formal complaint.
- Recommending formal resolution processes that may include an investigation and liaising with the assigned investigator as appropriate.
- Exploring informal resolution or other alternative dispute mechanisms.
- Other solutions as deemed necessary
Please refer to the Canada Artistic Swimming Discipline and Complaints Policy for specific guidance on the process of making a complaint.