700 Industrial Ave, Suite 401
Email: [email protected]
4141 Avenue Pierre-de-Coubertin
Chief Sport Officer
Office: 613.748.5674 ext.4507
CEO – Job Description
- Responsible for the strategic leadership of Canada Artistic Swimming and the administration of all services and programs, acting with major responsibility in the management of finances, administrative programs, promotion and communication;
- Responsible to ensure that the operations of Canada Artistic Swimming are aligned and managed in support of the strategic goals of Canada Artistic Swimming;
- Accountable for the development and management of the budget and oversees development of all annual operational plans;
- Manage a diverse group of organizational functions that include: sport specific, high performance, technical areas and events, marketing and communications, finance and administration;
- Significantly grow and advance existing business and sponsorship relationships, and build and manage relationships with all stakeholders.
Events & Communications Director – Job Description
- Develop and support the implementation of a strategic communications and public relations program in collaboration with the CEO that will lead to effective brand management;
- Oversight of Canada Artistic Swimming website; work with webmaster (if available) to continually update and maintain content;
- Direct external consultant in the writing, production, and distribution of a bilingual monthly newsletter, and other media releases and news stories;
- Act as national media contact as required;
- Arrange for the supervision of media operations on site at events – train and manage volunteers and or staff to oversee the media area as required;
- Maintain Canada Artistic Swimming’s social media campaign – supervise the posting of information from events and provided by other staff members; track metrics associated with social media usage;
- Lead in the development of a national promotional campaign for the national team – raise their profile and recognition factor in the sport;
- Oversee Communications and Media Consultant;
- Direct and manage events including bid processes, supervision of and liaison with organizing committees and production of event-related support materials;
- Manages the preparation of event operational budgets, all event financial results and immediate oversight of accounts related to events;
- Acts in the capacity of Project Manager for each Canada Artistic Swimming event;
- Supervises and directs venue operations related to events as well as supervises all scheduling and resource personnel on site;
- Working with CEO, completes the negotiation and execution of all hotel, event function and transportation supplier contracts as well as venue and facility contracts for Canada Artistic Swimming events as assigned;
- In coordination with CEO ensures national and local sponsor requirements are being met at all events;
- Oversees development and production of competition schedules working with Competitions Committee, Canada Artistic Swimming technical staff and CEO as required and applicable for each event.
Chief Sport Officer – Job Description
- Leads and oversees the entire Canada Artistic Swimming (CAS) High Performance system including athletes and coaches’ development pathways in accordance with the general objectives established in the CAS Strategic Plan (working with HP Consultant until end July 2017);
- Contributes to the on-going monitoring of the CAS Strategic Plan, including the articulation of multi-year and annual High Performance Program Operational Plans to achieve the established performance objectives and metrics;
- Reviews SC’s technical performance at all levels against short, intermediate and long term goals, provides analysis & recommendations, and makes appropriate adjustments as required;
- Provides leadership in the development and the implementation of provincially and nationally-run next gen athlete development programs to create an effective athlete and coach development pathway that is based on LTAD principles, and the sport’s gold medal profile;
- Develop and implement national Next Gen programming, talent identification and development and Monitoring programs in the organization and assist with coordinating the staff in charge of National Development Team such as Junior and 13-15 NT coaches;
- Develop, execute and lead club development and the overall domestic program strategy for Canada Artistic Swimming .
- Provide materials, tools and lead strategies for building membership in clubs and oversee the implementation of CS4L program at all levels of the organization;
- Implement and oversee all NCCP programs for synchronized swimming;
- Represents CAS’s high performance program internally within the sport and to key external partners – specifically Own the Podium (OTP), the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC), the Canadian Sport Institutes (CSIs) and others as appropriate;
- Supervises and works with the National Team Head Coach along with IST providers to create a world leading training environment for the National and Regional Centres, HP clubs and National Team artistic swimmers along the development pathway;
- Liaises on a regular basis with the COE, RTC and identified High Performance clubs and coaches to ensure a consistent approach to technical training from the development to the senior levels as it relates to NCCP, LTAD, and the competition structure.
Member Services and Event Manager – Job Description
The Member Services/Event Manager has overall responsibility for providing support to the CEO and other senior management with a specific emphasis on Member services and events. Significant duties include planning, organizing, and supervising Member programs with an emphasis on achieving Canada Artistic Swimming’s (CAS) strategic plan, as well as managing specific aspects of national and international competitions hosted by CAS. He/she provides assistance to the CEO including managing communication with the Board of Directors and Members and to the Director of Communications and Events related to the execution of event functions.
- Provide general administrative and event/project management support as requested,
- Maintains the office calendar, assist with meeting preparation including the production and collating of resource documents, issuing gotomeeting invitations for Member and committee meetings and drafting of Board minutes
- Provide meeting, event and other travel logistics support including bookings for travel and hotel bedrooms, meeting space, meals and audio-visual requirements and coordination of event VIP programs and registration processes on site
- Via phone, mail and email, provide support to Members, suppliers and customers, supplying general information where appropriate and redirecting detailed or technical inquiries to the best person
- Perform financial processes including: facilitating various order fulfillment and international club bids through to invoicing. Assist with e-transfer tracking and bank deposits. Responsible for coordinating and completing various event funding grant applications.
Artistic Swimming Program Manager – Job Description
- Develop and manage the implementation of the AquaGO! program ensuring deadlines are met and projects are completed as per the schedule
- Manage communication of project milestones to relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to monitoring and revising of existing training materials and development of promotion materials including but not limited to the marketing kit
- Contribute to development of Program Assistant training module and materials – supervising other writers and contributors.
- Act as primary point of contact for questions and feedback about the program including developing and distributing customer satisfaction surveys.
- Develop a project outline and manage the revision to the Competition Introduction level of coaching certification with a final due date of September 1, 2020
- Maintain the certification pathway diagrams in terms of keeping them current and published where they can be easily accessed
- Supervise other writers and provide guidance to ensure they have proper information to complete writing tasks
- Supervise the on-going development of the artisticswimmingcoach.ca website, including managing the posting of NCCP courses by PTSO partners
- Under the supervision of the CSO, assist with the design of an annual coaching development plan, and specifically, with the logistical assistance of other admin staff, coordinate the content of the September Coaching Development workshop
- Prepare routine analysis, results analysis and other metrics and measurements to be used by the CSO in determining HP development program priorities and reporting data for OTP and other partners.
LTAD Programming Manager – Job Description
- Works with Chief Sport Officer to provide content and technical support to all athlete program development initiatives;
- Work in conjunction with CS4L partners, including PLAN 42 workgroup and LTAD related PT project coordination experts to implement Canada Artistic Swimming’s LTAD recommendations from pool to podium;
- Design, develop, manage and monitor the delivery of coaching education materials and participant programs (eg AquaGO!) for Artistic Swimming instructors and coaches to support the new LTAD model;
- Develop, introduce and monitor a comprehensive athlete testing protocol with emphasis on cross Canada participation at all ages, commencing with 11-12 year olds. Participate in the development and on-going revision of the Gold Medal Profile as a result of this testing and data capture;
- Develop athlete health related policy (eg concussion management);
- Oversee maintenance and support of synchrocoach.ca website; participate as required in design and content management.
High Performance Manager – Job Description
- Support the COE Head Coach and CSO with executing the vision of Canada Artistic Swimming’s National Team Programs and for daily management of National Team Competitions and programming (centralized and decentralized) to achieve podium performances at World Championships and Olympic Games;
- Provide management assistance in areas of professional development for NT Coaches and programming that links to high performance development opportunities;
- Responsible for the overall management of medical and sport science programming targeted for national team support;
- Responsible for on-going communication to NT athletes including team selection processes, Sport Canada carding program, CCES, Game Plan, etc.
Finance & Administration Manager – Job Description
- Implement and maintain the financial policies, systems and procedures of Canada Artistic Swimming
- Set up and maintain Association accounting including:
- Accounts payable – process invoices and expense reports for payment;
- Accounts receivable – prepare invoices; track accounts receivable and contact outstanding accounts for payment;
- Manage Association credit card accounts;
- Manage Association cash flow and bank balances;
- Coordinate and process payroll and benefits.
- Maintain and control inventory of artistic swimming products;
- Produce monthly income statements and balance sheets, and analyze accounts for unusual items and variances to budget;
- Prepare forecasts monthly (revised annual estimates) of revenue and expenses);
- Report to senior management and the Board of Directors concerning any trends or risks that are critical to the organization’s financial performance;
- Complete financial reporting to other stakeholders, including Sport Canada and Own the Podium;
- Support the CEO with the preparation of annual financial plans;
- Prepare year end audit working papers, and coordinate the year-end audit;
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation and receipts as required;
- Maintain vendor and supplier relationships;
- Be involved in the fund-raising campaigns planning and execution;
- Oversee and coordinate national insurance program;
- Be responsible for general office management including maintaining warehouse storage, file management, and office maintenance.
Executive Coordinator – Job Description
- Provide administrative and project coordination support to the CEO;
- Provide General Board of Directors support as directed;
- Provide general administrative and project support as requested to other staff and committees;
- Provide support to the Coaching Association of Canada web portal, “The Locker”;
- Support e-reg and e-sport database systems along with association membership process;
- Coordinate and track translation requests;
- Provide meeting, event and other travel logistics support;
- Communicate general information to Members;
- Assist with various aspects of Canada Artistic Swimming events.