When Gabrielle Boisvert first started Synchro, she was scared of water. Years later, in 2015, the athlete was selected for the Senior National Team. In between, the SychroElite swimmer competed as a 13-15 National Team member in 2009. Boisvert also took part in not one, but three US Opens (2011, 2012, 2013), including one where she won a silver medal in solo. Gabrielle says these events as well as the 2015 FINA World Championships in Kazan, RUS are the highlights of her career so far.
GETTING TO KNOW THE ATHLETE
- Family: Mother is an Art teacher in high school and father works as an engineer. She has 2 brothers, one younger and one older. Both are into sports (speed skating and hockey).
- Getting into the Sport: Got into Synchro because she was scared of water and her parents decided to register her for Synchro instead of swimming classes. Swam from the beginning with SynchroElite de Quebec, her first coach was Élaine Rouleau.
- Outside Interests: Reading, knitting, walking in the woods, nature, spending time with friends…
- Future aspirations: Is studying Kinesiotherapy and aspires to work with people in need in her future…
- Odds and Ends: Before a swim, Gab does two tuck jumps… Her idol is Clara Hughes.
- Favorite quote: “Everything happens for a reason”
- Why she loves Synchro: For the music, the constant evolution of the sport and for the freedom of movement and creation.
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION RESULTS
NATIONAL COMPETITION RESULTS