Synchro Canada invites Canadian coaches to apply for a coaching apprentice opportunity with Synchro Canada National Teams this summer. Please follow the application instructions to apply for the opportunity for which you are interested and available. Coaches must be able to attend a minimum of 2 weeks’ consecutive time to be considered for an apprentice position and must be available to participate a Leadership Development Workshop and National Team Coaches Planning Day May 8-9 in Toronto at TPASC.
Dates and locations of camps available for application + competition dates:
- Senior NextGen Team Training Camp
- May 19 – June 20 in Montreal at the Centre of Excellence
- (Competition: 2017 Synchro America Open, June 20-25, East Meadow, New York)
- Junior Program Choreography Camp
- July 3-28 in Toronto at TPASC
- 13-15 National Team Camp
- July 3-28 in Toronto and TPASC
- (Competition: 2017 Mediterranean Cup, July 29-Aug 6, Portugal)
- National Senior Team
- 17th FINA World Championships
- July 14 – 30 in Budapest, Hungary
Project Goals and Objectives:
- Increase the pool of coaches in Canada who are working towards a future vision
- Provide talent identified coaches with an opportunity to learn and grow in the National Team setting
- Be part of leadership training (Coaches must be available for May 8-9 Planning & Leadership Development)
Synchro Canada will select 2-4 coaches to take part in these opportunities. Priority will be given to applicants as follows:
- Demonstrated results and experience
- Desire to be part of National Team staff in the future
- NCCP Level 3 or Comp Dev Certified Coaches or higher
- Coaches interested in or currently pursuing higher level coaching education (Competition Development Advanced Graduation)
Apprentice positions are volunteer roles and are unpaid. Coaches are responsible for their own travel to training camps as well as their accommodations and meals. Potential travel to competition may be considered and will be coordinated with the apprentice.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your coaching resume to Julie Healy, Chief Sport Officer specifying which team you would like to apprentice with, why you would like to be selected and which skills you bring to this opportunity. If you are interested in more than one team, please be sure to prioritize your interest.