Reporting to the Chief Sport Officer (CSO), the Next Gen Technical Director/Head Coach is responsible for the leadership and management of Synchro Canada’s Next Gen High-Performance Programs (Senior, Junior, 13-15). This position is a one-year contract (November 1, 2017 – October 31, 2018) subject to renewal. Ottawa location preferred (or in a region of Canada with proximity to one CSI).
- Working with the Chief Sport Officer and key stakeholders, develop Canada’s short term and long term technical vision and plan with the objective of a podium finish at the 2024 Olympics
- Head Coach of the 2017 Fall Development and Evaluation Camp
- Head Coach of Regional and/or National Next Gen Teams (Solo, Duet, Team) that represent Canada at World Series Events
- Provide input and support to the CSO with the development of annual National Next Gen programs (Senior, Junior, 13-15)
- In collaboration with the PSOs, provide leadership for the development and delivery of effective NextGen programs with a purpose of seamless delivery of synchronized swimming programming throughout the athlete pathway
- Support and provide input to the LTAD Program Manager on the packaging of Synchro Canada’s long-term athlete development model and the implementation of corresponding programming to support the development of synchronized swimming athletes from athlete identification at 11-12 to Train to Win.
- Provide leadership to national program committees as it relates to the continued development and implementations of Next Gen programs from athlete identification at 11-12 to Train to Win
- Is a member of the competition structure work group
- Responsible for and supervises RTC and HP Club programming under the direction of the CSO
- As directed, participate in the completion of all required sport funding applications and reporting/accountability requirements (including Sport Canada, OTP…) as related to Next Gen programs and initiatives
- Performs such other duties as may, from time to time, be requested by the CSO in order to best ensure the realization of the high-performance plan objectives.
ATHLETE IDENTIFICATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Assist the Chief Sport Officer and other technical staff in the development and implementation of national athlete Gold Medal Profile and Podium Pathway
- In conjunction with Provincial Technical Directors, implement an athlete identification and monitoring program that is aligned with LTAD and the Gold Medal Profile
- Provide input and support the development of identified Synchro swimmers and coaches by doing outreach visits, and participating in clinics, camps, etc.
- Provide input and support to club coaches, provincial coaches and high-performance coaches to ensure that appropriate athlete identification plans and benchmarks are being implemented
- Under the direction of the Chief Sport Officer, develop the athlete selection processes and organize appropriate selection trials for Next Gen Programs (Senior, Junior, 13-15)
- Be responsible for the on-going monitoring and performance analysis of the Next Gen Programs (Senior, Junior, 13-15) and athletes consistent with the objectives established in the Strategic Plan.
SPORT SCIENCE, SPORT MEDICINE & INNOVATION (SSSMI)
- Work with the Chief Sport Officer and the IST Leader to implement appropriate sport science, sport medicine and innovation support around the targeted athletes and at Next Gen camps
- Under the direction of the CSO identify, update and maintain all relevant test results on athlete in the athlete pools
- Assist with education of Podium Clubs/RTCs as to the best practices of SSMI
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND COACHING
- Be responsible for the organization of appropriate competitive and training conditions and completion of all support activities required for effective and efficient execution of Next Gen programs which may include coaching and team management
- If appointed in a Team Manager capacity, negotiates with event organizers on site to obtain best possible conditions for team participation and training.
- Ensure that standards for individuals and team behavior are implemented as per policies and guidelines, and communicate this information to athletes/parents and team personnel.
The compensation package will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Apply in confidence by sending your cover letter and resume by October 16, 2017, to Julie Healy, CSO, at [email protected] and to Judi Enns-Bradette, Board Member and Partner, Amrop Knightsbridge at [email protected].