|BIRTHDATE||February 24, 2001|
|HOME CLUB||Regional Training Centre – Ontario|
|FIRST SYNCHRO COACH||Jenn Koptie & Brianna Davidson|
|JUNIOR NATIONAL TEAM/ATHLETE POOL||2017|
|YEARS ON 13-15 NATIONAL TEAM||2015, 2016|
GETTING TO KNOW THE ATHLETE
- Getting into the sport : Maura got into synchro when she was recruited by the Variety Village team which trained at the pool where she was in swimming lessons.
- Career highlights: Making her first national team in 13-15 and travelling to Italy to compete.
- Family: Her parents are Eileen and Ian; has a brother names Will.
- Nickame: Mo
- Outside interests: Enjoys hanging out with friends and family and exploring new places around Toronto such as new food places.
- Favorite quote: “Don’t wait for opportunity, create it!”
- Synchro Idols: Manny Wu
- Pre-swim ritual: “I breathe deep and try not to overthink about my performance and what I am about to do.”
- Future aspirations: Hopes to either be a elementary school teacher or be involved someway in a sport environment.
- Why she loves synchro : “For the friendships and relationships I have built through synchro”.
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION RESULTS
NATIONAL COMPETITION RESULTS
|Canadian Open Championships||2017||Toronto, ON||Team Senior (2), Team Junior (1), Duet (3), Figures (23)||Results|
|Canadian Open Championships||2016||Calgary, AB||Team (2), Duet (14), Figures (40)||Results|
|Canadian Espoir Championships||2015||Saint John, NB||Team (2), Duet (7), Figures (25)||Results|
|Canadian Espoir Championships||2014||Kamploops, BC||Team (1), Solo (16), Figures (22)||Results|
|Canadian Espoir Championships||2013||Ottawa, ON||Team (11), Duet (1), Solo (1), Figures 13-15 (121), Figures 12u(2)||Results|
|Canadian Espoir Championships||2012||Etobicoke, ON||Team (1), Duet (3), Figures (29)||Results|
|Canadian Espoir Championships||2011||Gatineau, QC||Figures 13-15 (211)||Results|